We’re very excited to share this interview with our relationship coach, Tim Higdon. Tim is a pivotal part of our story and we often refer to him as the one who saved our marriage. Tim is a certified Imago Relationship Therapist and has a 37-year career as a program director, marriage and family counselor and relationship coach.
In this episode, Tim shares his wealth of knowledge and experience in a straightforward and honest way. We also talk about our own journey of healing from infidelity and the Imago Relationship approach that has been so helpful to us.
- Imago Relationship Therapy and the difference between Imago and traditional therapy approaches
- The link between healthy marriages and healthy families
- Seeing marriage as a gift and a privilege, despite its challenges
- How to see changes and challenges as a way to keep a relationship alive and interesting
- Effective communication vs. reactivity – talking about hard topics in a positive and productive way
- How to have a thriving relationship despite differences
- Addressing individual needs in a positive way
- The three steps of Imago dialogue: Mirroring, Validation & Empathy
- Tim’s Website – RockSolidRelationshipHelp.com
- Book – Rock Solid Relationship, Tim Higdon & Norene Gonsiewski
- Book – Getting the Love You Want, Harville Hendrix
- Imago Relationship Therapy
Thanks for listening!